Directors Election 2024
Below are the timelines and legal requirements for the District’s Board of Directors elections. If you have any further questions please contact us here.
District Contact Information:
- Name of Political Subdivision: Harris County Road Improvement District No. 1
- Mailing Address: c/o Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, 1301 McKinney, Suite 5100 Houston, Tx 77010
- Phone: (713) 651-5151
- Email: Nadin.Fallah@NortonRoseFulbright.com
Each Elected Officer of the Political Subdivision:
- David Flickinger
- Mike Daughterty
- John Bechtle Jr.
Date of Next Election for Officers of the Political Subdivision:
- May4th, 2024
Location of Next Election:
- To be determined
- First day to file for place on the general election ballot is the 30th day before the last day to file.
- Last day and deadline to file for place on the general election ballot is the 78th day before the date of the election, by 5:00 p.m.
General Eligibility Requirements for a Candidate:
- U.S. citizen
- Must be at least 18 years old and:
- (1) an owner of property in the district;
- (2) an owner of stock, whether beneficial or otherwise, of a corporate owner of property in the district;
- (3) an owner of a beneficial interest in a trust that owns property in the district; or
- (4) an agent, employee, or tenant of a person covered by Subdivision (1), (2), or (3).
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be (A) totally mentally incapacitated, or (B) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
- Acknowledge awareness of the nepotism law, Chapter 573, Government Code.
Requirements for Filing for Candidacy for Each Elected Office of Political Subdivision:
- Each candidate must complete an Application for a Place on the General Election Ballot. The application can be obtained from the Election Agent or from the Secretary of State’s website: www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/index.shtml (Form 2-21). The application must be notarized and the original must be received in the office of the election agent during the filing period.